Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Furry Situation

(via:zelfist.com)
Now the issue of fur is a sticky one. If you ask me, I love fur. It exudes luxury and glamour. In fact, anytime I wear fur I feel quite elegant and super sophisticated. There is something about a fur jacket that I simply adore. Clearly, the adjectives are going on and on, but I love fur. The Olsen twins get a lot of crap for wearing fur. PETA classifies them as trolls. You know what I say, you can wear faux fur and you can still look just as good AND you didn't harm any animals in the process. Don't get me wrong though, faux fur can also look extremely cheap and tacky. So choose your jackets or vests wisely.

I love my faux fur jackets but anytime I wear fur at least two people ask me "Is that real?" And how do I reply? A) Well, not anymore! (kidding) or B) No, but it looks real huh? I'll say both just to get different reactions. That's always fun. But my point is, people love fur, real or fake, but mostly real, and it sucks that animals get harmed in the process of making real fur jackets. But, just remember that you can find a fabulous faux fur jacket or vest like these women above and make it look great!

These specific vests are uber chic and so easy to wear. All you need is a great pair of jeans, a basic tank or long sleeve, boots, flats, or heels then throw on that vest and you're good to go! Remember, they serve two purposes: warmth and style, so you can't go wrong. There are all kinds of hues and textures you could pander in. I personally love Ashely Olsen's luxurious vest the best, which comes from Jenni Kayne. So, should you cuddle up with that vest or that special someone? My answer is cuddle up with both!

1 comment:

  1. i think fur is adorable. personally, i can't pull it off because i am not the fashiony type at ALL. but i am terribly jealous of people that can wear it and get away with it!! also, i'm glad that you're about wearing faux fur. i've seen the tacky faux fur and it's terrible, but you're completely right that the good faux fur can go a long way in one's wardrobe.
    :)

    ReplyDelete