Thursday, April 1, 2010

Designer Weapons






I don't really know how to feel about this, forget that, I really like them! You have to admit, this is creative, maybe creepy. Oh, whatever I can't make up my mind. A case of indecisiveness for me! Anyway, check out this website, designs by Peter Gronquist where you can find these guns and much, much more!

Cool stuff, okay I've made up my mind, in all honesty I really do like them. I can see myself standing tall with an arched back, slowly placing my smooth fingers on the rough grip. My pinky first, followed by my ring finger and then my middle finger. Lastly, my index finger takes the initiative and situates itself on the trigger and... okay now I really want to do this! I'll take the Versace gun thanks! Don't forget the matching heels!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I honestly don't know what to say... No, I do. As someone who abhors violence in the real world, this strikes an almost sickening feeling in my stomach. As someone who thoroughly enjoys action movies, UFC, and violent video games, this is amazing and original. I'd be interested to hear the artists views on issues of violence, get an idea where they're coming from.

    Merging fashion and weapons through art... So many scopes to examine this through. An artistic one: what is the artist trying to evoke in their audience? What's their inspiration? A psycho/sociological perspective: What does this art say about our society? How does it reflect our views on fashion and violence? A political perspective: What statement is this making about our present military engagements as a nation? What does it say about the population trends/attitudes in relation to fashion?

    Obviously none of these questions are directed at you the blogger, more just general musing. I am curious however, what's the purpose of these? Art? Novelty? Home decor? I can't imagine people actually carrying these around as a fashion accessory.

    ReplyDelete