Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Number One

Hi! From the title of this blog, you can undoubtedly see that this little space of mine will be full of all kinds of things that interest me, from free speech issues to my favorite style icons. First let me tell you my thoughts about blogging. Fashion blogs are my blogs of choice, they are fashionably fabulous! I’ve gotten hooked! Although I’ve never made a blog of my own before, I finally have the chance now to begin my long overdue blog to share my likings.

via: timeoutny

Blogging is great for people, such as journalists, who wish to express their opinions online as opposed to on print. Regardless though, blogging is great for all kinds of people to convey their thoughts on anything, no matter what the topic, after all it is a blog, no? So that means that you or I can write whatever, whenever, wherever, well when it comes to a hot topic, let’s hope it’s not degrading but constructive rather. Free speech is all about what you want to say. When individuals are allowed to speak freely they then not only feel better that they had the opportunity to get their thoughts off their chest, but what they said has officially entered the public sphere and can be seen or heard by anyone. This can really be empowering, especially if the blogger has impacted a group of people in a positive way. Of course writing something boring is not always entertaining. However, it is safe and what’s not boring is risky. Just remember that “anything you say can and will be used against you” Just kidding ha! Nobody is getting arrested here, so use your free speech abilities all you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment