Friday, March 19, 2010

Icky Old News Comes Back

The other night I came home and I happily turned on the television to watch AC 360. I just have such an admiration for Anderson, he is just so nice to look at and he acts so serious, it’s kind of funny! Anyway, my point here is not to gush over Anderson Cooper, although I could easily do that. I’ll bear you my weird commentary. Instead, I want to address the fact of why John Edward's sex tape with Rielle Hunter was being discussed. What the heck!! This is so annoying. It is old news, why is it on right now and why is it being analyzed to such a degree? I think about half of the program was dedicated to this subject. Okay, Rielle has come out to the public with an interview for GQ magazine and showed her side of the story, and that’s great, but it really doesn’t provide any new information and I think it doesn't have that much added value to the story.

via:thehotjoints

It's so crazy to think of what past presidents and other people running for president could be doing and are currently doing behind closed doors. Obama, watch out, kidding! This is yet again another politician who has engaged in sexual relations behind the screen. Geez, we get it already! Well, what people do in their private lives is private, but still it just comes to show that when you are in the public eye eventually everything will leak out and people will freak out, hey that rhymed! I feel bad for the people who have supported him, donating tons of their money towards his presidential campaign. I wonder if their views have changed. Personally, because of this scandal, yes, my opinion of John Edwards has changed. I think that having a relationship on the side like that is dirty. At least he came in front of the problem and admitted to being the father of Rielle’s daughter.

But maybe I am being contradictory, because I’m writing a post about this. Maybe I am interested. Anytime there is a sex scandal, the story sells and I think that I am one of those readers who has fallen into the trap. I think it’s because of the juxtaposition of politics with sex scandals that makes it news worthy. We are so used to seeing politicians in this rigid and boring manner that everyone wants the dirt, and here it is, moist as it can be. One thing is for sure though, he should have pulled out of her before he pulled out of his presidency.

No comments:

Post a Comment